Summer weddings are some of the best seasonal events ever! Casual outdoor ceremonies, ice cold drinks, lush floral decor, delicious seasonal menus, dewy makeup, flowing dresses. Bliss! Being pregnant might limit your alcohol intake but you can still enjoy everything there is to love about a summer wedding, including looking stylish and divine in these colorful, fun and comfortable maternity wedding dresses.
What to consider when choosing a wedding guest dress while pregnant?
- Before picking your wedding guest dress while pregnant, first, check the invite to see if it’s black tie or more casual. A longer length dress is better for formal wear, but you can easily get away with something bright, flowing and more casual otherwise.
- Another thing to consider is the location and season – summer in one place might be a lot hotter than summer somewhere else so you might want to consider whether you need a light jacket for later on.
- Also consider the style you’re after – are you more of a cover up gal or do you want to flaunt your bump? There are plenty of options in between too. We’ve got a few non-maternity specific dresses here that are perfect for summer weddings but remember you might very well need to size up.
- Focus on what makes you feel good. Fabrics and styles in blue or green that are comfortable and flattering will give you the confidence to enjoy the wedding.
- If this is a one-time maternity dress, keep the budget reasonable. But if you find a versatile style you can wear during and after pregnancy, splurging may be worth it.
- Most importantly, wear comfy shoes you can dance in all night. Skip the stilettos, my friend!
Here are the best maternity wedding guest dresses for summer
Best print maternity dress for a wedding
An chic, summery and on trend pattern dress from ASTR the Label, if you don’t wear this to the wedding you will definitely wear it to the recovery party the next day! It’s so cute.
Blythe dress in coral multi
Best sleeveless wedding guest dress for pregnancy
This is another Norma Kamali stunner that can carry you from day to night in ultimate style. It is also perfect for more formal events. You’ll definitely keep this dress forever. It’s a fab investment.
Halter turtle side slit gown in pewter
Best affordable maternity wedding guest dresses
Look, it’s still $100 but this is super sophisticated and stylish so you’ll easily turn that $100 spend into look like a million.
Odelia Powder Blue Maternity Midi Dress With Asymmetric Sleeve And Side Split
Gorgeous long sleeve maternity dress for a wedding
Part caftan, part extremely-stylish-and-comfortable maternity wedding guest dress, this is ideal if you’re somewhere slightly chillier or just want to cover your arms. We love the colors and the length.
Plunge dress in multi
Best wedding guest dress gown for pregnant women
Designed for weddings, the gals at Hatch know exactly what you need. Sultry, beautiful silky material designed for comfort, bumps and slick looks. Pair with some gold sandals for a beautiful vibe and enjoy the breeziness of the Riviera dress.
The Riviera Dress in midnight
Best plus size wedding guest dress
Everything about summer summed up in one bright, beautiful and comfortable dress. with a stunning on trend cut, you can’t go past this Madewell dress as a plus size mama.
Plus Poplin Ruffle A-Line Midi Dress Bandana Red
Best long maternity dress for a wedding
When your summer wedding is a little more formal, it calls for Norma Kamali. We adore this label for day to dusk looks and the ultra sophisticated cut. It comes in a range of different colors so choose the one that makes you feel like a dream. I 100% guarantee that you will wear this dress again and cherish it in your wardrobe until you do!
Diana gown in cinnamon
Cutest short maternity wedding guest dress
Now, we don’t want to go tooooo short here but this is super cute and not revealing at the decolletage. Pair with lower heels, bag and understated gold jewelry.
The Celeste Dress, fuchsia,
Best designer dress for a summer wedding
A splurge but what a dress! This Natalie Martin dress embodies everything that is super cool about the IT color of the moment – green!
Astrid dress in jungle moss green
What is not appropriate to wear as a wedding guest?
In general, avoid wearing white, off-white or ivory to a wedding as a guest. Other inappropriate choices include:
• Very short or low-cut dresses
• Denim or casual clothing (unless specified in the dress code)
• Bright colors that clash with the wedding theme or colors
• Clothing with logos or graphics
• Anything see-through or sheer
What colors are not OK to wear to a wedding?
In addition to white, off-white and ivory, avoid wearing the wedding party’s colors to a wedding. This typically includes the wedding colors specified in the invitation. Other colors to avoid are black (unless specified in the dress code) and neon or bright colors that clash.
Can you wear a black and white floral dress to a wedding?
A black and white floral dress can work well as wedding guest attire, as long as it’s not too short, low-cut or casual. The key is to ensure the print is not too bold and the dress code allows for black. Floral patterns in muted tones are usually a safe choice.
Can I wear a short dress to a wedding as a guest?
In general, avoid wearing very short dresses (above the knee) to a wedding as a guest. Mini dresses are considered inappropriate for most weddings. Ankle-length or midi dresses are usually a safer choice. However, the dress code may specify a more casual or relaxed dress code where a knee-length dress would be acceptable.
What is acceptable to wear to a summer wedding?
For a summer wedding, lightweight and breathable fabrics like linen, cotton and silk are best. Some appropriate options include:
• Knee-length or midi dresses
• Skirts and blouses
• Light colored suits
• Short-sleeved tops with pants or capris
• Sandals, wedges or flats (avoid high heels on grass or uneven ground)